Thursday, April 2, 2009

Barefoot Sunday

Most Sundays you can find us over at my parents for dinner, especially now that the weather is warmer. We hang out, Nellie plays in the backyard with daddy and papa (she practically has more toys there than here!) and my mom and I cook. I've said before I truly think a Sunday dinner is important. You make time to spend time as a family.

Our Sunday dinners have become "Barefoot Sundays." If you know us, you know that we have an almost illegal obsession with Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. We have decided on Sundays our entire menu will come from the pages of the Barefoot cookbooks. It is a fun way to put our obsession to work.

We have had two Barefoot Sundays so far. The first included juicy hamburgers, roasted potatoes, sugar snap peas and asparagus, and a shortcake dessert. The second was a yummy feast of steaks, garlic potatoes, roasted broccoli (surprisingly delicious), homemade onion rings (a big hit), and ice cream Sundays for dessert.

Now I look forward to cooking at least one meal a week!



3 comments:

tracey said...

you're making me hungry.

Tamara said...

Summer's almost here! We'll make a special Barefoot Sunday when you get home.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Barefoot Sunday is a fantastic idea! I too have an almost illegal obsession with Ina Garten. I have kept chefography on my tivo for months now.